, , , , , , , , ,

Last night, my husband was a bit agitated and his emotions were all over the place. Yes, we argued a little, but he calmed down soon after. We have been under stress, so I just assumed he was just overwhelmed. We watched The Walking Dead and went to bed at a normal time.

The hotel room we are in has two, small, double sized beds. With all the tossing and turning we do (and his snoring), we frequently sleep in separate beds. Last night, we tried to sleep next to each other and I noticed he was twitching more than usual. He seemed to be having small seizures again. I honestly had hoped the medication change he had in January was working. It’s not. He got up in the middle of the night and slept in the other bed. I only noticed him coughing a few times and, after making sure he was ok, I went back to bed.

My husband is usually the first to rise and first to go to bed. We had a VA doctor appointment today at 10AM. I got up at 7AM and he was still a sleep which is not like him. It took me a good 30 minutes to get him up and going. He was about an hour late taking his medications because of it and seemed a little dazed. I knew then he had had a seizure in his sleep.

When I got him to the VA, he called his caseworker for the housing and couldn’t even remember who she was or why he was calling. He just said he was checking on his case. I had to explain to her later that he had a seizure the night before and is out of it today. He got blood drawn for routine lab work and the technician noted his blood looked a little thick.

Normally, my husband is ok by the middle of the day after a night seizure. However, when we got home at 12:30PM, he went straight to sleep and slept until 5PM. This is not like him at all and I am a little worried. I had to wake him up to get him to take his medication, which took about 30 minutes to get done. He’s awake now and still seems very tired. We see his primary care doctor tomorrow at 1PM who will set him up with all his seizure, brain injury, and mental health doctors and address the seizure last night.

On a good note, he is begging to go ghost hunting tonight . I told him I think we should just rest today after his seizure incident. I have to do something for work tomorrow at 11:30AM and then we see his doctor, so I think doing any late night fun should be on a night we have have a free day after. I am happy to see him interested in something more than just TV watching, though. This shows me his depression is getting better. We used to take walks on the beach all the time but, after living in such a horrid place for 3 months, we both slowly became depressed and stopped the walks. Living in St. Augustine has been so much fun and so full of blessings, things are starting to slowly look up for us.

We are so excited to move into our new home! We met with our housing caseworker and we should be approved by the end of this week for a place. This hotel is a blessing and we are forever grateful, but it will be nice to have a hot bath/shower. That’s the only thing wrong with the hotel. We have had cold showers since we got here a week or so ago. But, you know what? It’s still a heck of a lot better than living in a truck with NO water, bed, TV, mini fridge, microwave, or bathroom. It’s also a heck of a lot better than living underneath loud, drug/alcohol users. For that, we are blessed.

If my husband is feeling better tomorrow, we will be doing a day tour around town after appointments. I hope to get a lot more pictures and learn more about the town. I am studying for my tour guide test and it helps to put a “face” to a name. I’m hoping tomorrow will be a good day for both of us and am praying for no seizures!